A Prayer to prepare you for your day

Litany of Humility

O Jesus, meek and humble of heart,


Hear me.


From the desire of being esteemed,

Deliver me, O Jesus.

From the desire of being loved,

Deliver me, O Jesus.

From the desire of being extolled,

Deliver me, O Jesus.

From the desire of being honored,

Deliver me, O Jesus.

From the desire of being praised,

Deliver me, O Jesus.

From the desire of being preferred to others,

Deliver me, O Jesus.

From the desire of being consulted,

Deliver me, O Jesus.

From the desire of being approved,

Deliver me, O Jesus.

From the fear of being humiliated,

Deliver me, O Jesus.

From the fear of being despised,

Deliver me, O Jesus.

From the fear of suffering rebukes,

Deliver me, O Jesus.

From the fear of being calumniated,

Deliver me, O Jesus.

From the fear of being forgotten,

Deliver me, O Jesus.

From the fear of being ridiculed,

Deliver me, O Jesus.

From the fear of being wronged,

Deliver me, O Jesus.

From the fear of being suspected,

Deliver me, O Jesus.

That others may be loved more than I,

Jesus, grant me the grace to desire it.

That others may be esteemed more than I,

Jesus, grant me the grace to desire it.

That, in the opinion of the world, others may increase and I may decrease,

Jesus, grant me the grace to desire it.

That others may be chosen and I set aside,

Jesus, grant me the grace to desire it.

That others may be praised and I go unnoticed,

Jesus, grant me the grace to desire it.

That others may be preferred to me in everything,

Jesus, grant me the grace to desire it.

That others may become holier than I, provided that I may become as holy as I should,

Jesus, grant me the grace to desire it.


Amen.


Litany of Patience


From the desire to control my life,

R: Deliver me, O Jesus.

From rash judgment and haste…

From impulsive decision making…

From the desire to act when I need to be still…

From the desire to speak when I need to stay silent…

From the delusion that my own ideas and plans are what would be best…

From impatience with the sins and idiosyncrasies of others…

From impatience with my own sins and slow growth in virtue…

From impatience with Your plan for my life…

From the desire to live on my own timeline…

From the fear of running out of time…

From the fear of aging and death…

From the temptation to act out of sorrow, discouragement, anxiety, or fear…


R: Lord, teach me to trust your love so entirely:

That I may wait upon your Word before making important decisions.

That I may not get ahead of or behind your Spirit.

That I may maintain an eternal perspective in all that I do.

That I may accept and surrender to your will for me daily.

That I may truly believe that ALL things work for the good of those who love you.

That I may radiate to others Your peace and joy which surpass all understanding.


Amen.


My merciful Lord, You call us to perfect freedom from all that burdens us. 

Anger burdens us. Help me to see the burden that my anger imposes upon me 

and help me to seek true freedom through the act of forgiveness and reconciliation. 

Please forgive me, dear Lord, as I forgive all who have hurt me. 

Jesus, I trust in You.


Amen.


Litany of Joy


From my need to be in control, deliver me Jesus.

From the distorted view of what will make me happy, deliver me Jesus.

From disappointment and discouragement in the weakness of others, deliver me Jesus.

From disappointment and discouragement in my own weakness, deliver me Jesus.

From letting the evil one control my reactions throughout my day, deliver me Jesus.

From the lie that You are far from me, deliver me Jesus.

From the moments when I place my identity in someone or something else, deliver me Jesus.

From my fear of discomfort and suffering, deliver me Jesus.

From the lie that I am not enough, deliver me Jesus.

From the lie that You are not enough and cannot fulfill the longings of my heart, deliver me Jesus.


In the times I am feeling the weight of the Cross, Jesus come be my joy.

In times of confusion, Jesus come be my joy.

When I am afraid, Jesus come be my joy.

In the times I feel overwhelmed, Jesus come be my joy.

In the times when I feel Your peace, Jesus come be my joy.

In times of friendship and community, Jesus come be my joy.

In times of misunderstanding and hurt, Jesus come be my joy.

When I am jealous, Jesus come be my joy.

When I am angry, Jesus come be my joy.

When I want to give up, Jesus come be my joy.

When I am fighting temptation, Jesus come be my joy.

In times of planning and work, Jesus come be my joy.

In times when I am tired, Jesus come be my joy.

In times of doubt, Jesus come be my joy.

When I cannot see the future ahead of me, Jesus come be my joy.

At all times, seasons, and moments in my life, Jesus come be my joy.

Amen.


Litany Of Trust


From the belief that I have to earn Your love … Deliver me, Jesus.

From the fear that I am unlovable … Deliver me, Jesus.

From the false security that I have what it takes … Deliver me, Jesus.

From the fear that trusting You will leave me more destitute … Deliver me, Jesus.

From all suspicion of Your words and promises … Deliver me, Jesus.

From the rebellion against childlike dependency on You … Deliver me, Jesus.

From refusals and reluctances in accepting Your will … Deliver me, Jesus.

From anxiety about the future … Deliver me, Jesus.

From resentment or excessive preoccupation with the past … Deliver me, Jesus.

From restless self-seeking in the present moment … Deliver me, Jesus.

From disbelief in Your love and presence … Deliver me, Jesus.

From the fear of being asked to give more than I have … Deliver me, Jesus.

From the belief that my life has no meaning or worth … Deliver me, Jesus.

From the fear of what love demands … Deliver me, Jesus.

From discouragement … Deliver me, Jesus.

That You are continually holding me, sustaining me, loving me … Jesus, I trust in you.

That Your love goes deeper than my sins and failings, and transforms me …Jesus, I trust in you.

That not knowing what tomorrow brings is an invitation to lean on You … Jesus, I trust in you.

That You are with me in my suffering … Jesus, I trust in you.

That my suffering, united to Your own, will bear fruit in this life and the next …Jesus, I trust in you.

That You will not leave me orphan, that You are present in Your Church…Jesus, I trust in you.

That Your plan is better than anything else … Jesus, I trust in you.

That You always hear me, and in Your goodness always respond to me …Jesus, I trust in you.

That You give me the grace to accept forgiveness and to forgive others …Jesus, I trust in you.

That You give me all the strength I need for what is asked …Jesus, I trust in you.

That my life is a gift … Jesus, I trust in you.

That You will teach me to trust You … Jesus, I trust in you.

That You are my Lord and my God … Jesus, I trust in you.

That I am Your beloved one … Jesus, I trust in you.


Amen.


Sharing the Loaves and Fishes

Sharing the loaves and fishes,

You gave us an image of solidarity with the hungry, O Lord.

Sharing yourself in the bread and wine,

You called all to the table, O Lord.

Give me the hunger to be a part of the feeding

And the healing of this world.

Nourish me with your Grace,

So I may work with joy to serve your children.

Open my eyes and my heart

To recognize those in poverty

And increase my awareness

Of the structures and systems

That need to be changed

So we may all break bread together.

In your name we pray for the end of hunger.



St. Joseph Prayer


O dearest St. Joseph, I consecrate 

myself to thy honor and give myself to thee,

that thou mayest always be my father, my protector,

and my guide in the way of salvation.

Obtain for me a great purity of heart 

and a fervent love of the interior life.


O Glorious Saint Joseph, model of all those who are 

devoted to labor, obtain for me the grace to work in 

a spirit of penance for the expiation of my many sins; 

to work conscientiously, putting the call of duty above 

my natural inclinations; to work with thankfulness and joy, 

considering it an honor to employ and develop by means of labor 

the gifts received from God; to work with order, peace, moderation 

and patience, never shrinking from weariness and trials; to work above 

all with purity of intention and detachment from self, keeping unceasingly 

before my eyes death and the account that I must give of time lost, talents 

unused, good omitted, and vain complacency in success, so fatal to the work of God.


All for Jesus, all through Mary, all after thy example, O Patriarch, Saint Joseph. 

Such shall be my watch-word in life and in death. Amen.


Future spouse prayer

(If single, and discerning marriage)

O Jesus, lover of the young, the dearest Friend I have, in all confidence

I open my heart to You to beg Your light and assistance in the important 

task of planning my future. Give me the light of Your grace, that I may 

decide wisely concerning the person who is to be my partner through life. 

Dearest Jesus, send me such a one whom in Your divine wisdom You judge best 

suited to be united with me in marriage. May her/his character reflect some 

of the traits of Your own Sacred Heart. May she/he be upright, loyal, pure, 

sincere and noble, so that with united efforts and with pure and unselfish 

love we both may strive to perfect ourselves in soul and body, as well as 

the children it may please You to entrust to our care. Bless our friendship 

before marriage, that sin may have no part in it. May our mutual love bind us 

so closely, that our future home may ever be most like Your own at Nazareth.


O Mary Immaculate, sweet Mother of the young, to your special care I entrust

the decision I am to make as to my future wife. You are my guiding Star! 

Direct me to the person with whom I can best cooperate in doing God's Holy Will, 

with whom I can live in peace, love and harmony in this life, and attain to eternal 

joys in the next.


Amen.


Guardian Angel Prayer


Angel of God, my guardian dear, to whom God's love commits me here,

ever this day be at my side, to light and guard, to rule and guide.


Amen.


Lord, let Your will be done


Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

St. Teresa of Avila Prayer

The Importance of Protein in Your Diet: Why You Shouldn't Skip Out on This Essential Nutrient